March 24, 2021
Dear IAA School Community,
Yesterday afternoon we received information about a case of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) in at least one student at Innovative Arts Academy. Cleaning and disinfecting of the exposed location have been completed and the individual is self-isolating at home.
We have been working with the Department of Health and our local health department to identify and notify close contacts of the case.
If you are identified as a close contact (defined as an individual who was within 6 feet of an infectious person for at least 15 minutes or who was directly exposed to respiratory secretions [e.g., cough or sneeze]), you will be contacted by a representative of the Pennsylvania Department of Health or your local health department who will provide further information and instructions.
As the Coronavirus situation in our country and our community is developing quickly, we urge you to take necessary precautions to limit the spread of COVID-19 in our school community.
- Wear a mask and maintain a physical distance of at least 6 feet from any person while outside the home and avoid sharing food, drinks, or utensils.
- Stay home when you are sick. Watch for symptoms of COVID-19 including cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fever, chills, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, and/or diarrhea.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Sing the Happy Birthday song twice to help know when it has been 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use alcohol-based hand sanitizers that contain at least 60% alcohol.
- Cover your coughs and sneezes with a tissue and then dispose of the tissue and clean your hands immediately. If you do not have a tissue, use your sleeve, not your hands, to cover coughs and sneezes.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipes.
- If you are contacted by the Pennsylvania Department of Health or your local health department please cooperate with monitoring and follow all instructions so that other people do not become sick.
If you or any members of your household develop symptoms of COVID-19 or have symptoms that worsen, notify your local health department or the Pennsylvania Department of Health immediately at 1-877-724-3258 and contact a healthcare provider. Additionally, please contact the Main Office, at 610-402-2787.
Bradley Schifko, CEO