Dear Parents and Guardians,
As we are well into our second week of the mandated school closing issued by Governor Wolf due to COVID-19, we hope you are all healthy and safe. This is an unprecedented time in our country as every aspect of our lives has changed. Balancing life responsibilities, child care, teaching and learning, while navigating the next steps, has been an enormous challenge for everyone. Please know your IAA family is here for you. With this in mind, it is a time for our school to become stronger and united. Now, more than ever, it is crucial we work in partnership to support our students.
The administration, as well as the faculty and staff, have been working to prepare for the next steps, as Governor Wolf has now mandated school closings through Monday, April 6, 2020. As a result of this mandate, we will be moving to an online learning platform, beginning on Monday, March 30, 2020, in order to move forward with your child(ren)’s education. Additional information and resources will be shared in the coming days.
In the meantime, here are a few steps you should take to ensure your child(ren) are prepared for this transition:
- Do you have access to the internet? If not, here are a few resources to help you during this time:
We have also provided a list of additional reduced price and free internet resources for you to view and download: https://iaacslv.net/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/ConnectivityWifi-resources.pdf
- Does your child have technology (chromebook or computer or laptop) in order to engage in daily learning activities? A technology survey has been sent out several times. If you have not responded, please do so immediately. If you require assistance please contact the school (information provided below). The link to our survey is as follows: https://forms.gle/UfuSXSCH6Ty3XZ9R7
- Due to the limited number of available Chromebooks, only those families who have NO ACCESS to technology, AND who have responded to our survey, will have the ability to borrow a chromebook from the school.
- Families with NO ACCESS will receive direct communication from the school detailing specific instructions as to how they may borrow a chromebook.
- Please check on your fellow IAA families. Ask if they are hearing from us! If you have changed your email or phone number we need to know! Now more than ever we need to hear from you. If you are not hearing from us, call, send a message on social media – please reach out!
- Here is how to contact the school:
- Please check our website on a regular basis. Our homepage will have all of the most up-to-date information posted: iaacslv.net. Over the next few days we will be adding a link for online learning. Students will be accessing google classroom for their daily instruction. We will be sending out detailed instructions on how to login and access resources for our students (teachers have already begun communicating with their students).
Now more than ever, we need each other. Please know we are deeply committed to ensure your children receive an outstanding, personalized education. We are here for you and your children. Thank you for your ongoing support.
If there is anything we can do during this time please do not hesitate to reach out. We are looking forward to the day where we are able to resume “normal” operations!