Innovative Arts Academy Special Education Department
Working collaboratively with parents, staff, and the community
The Innovative Arts Academy Special Education Department’s mission is to work collaboratively with parents, staff, and the community to assure students who receive special education services are able to achieve life goals with self-assurance and independence in all areas of development: academic, behavioral, emotional, physical, self-advocacy and social.
Our Special Education Department’s vision is to guarantee inclusive practices that cultivate high quality education programming that meets the individual needs of our student population.
Our main focus is empowering students to attain knowledge, skills and character necessary to thrive in a continuous society through purposeful collaboration, persistence and creativity. In addition, we aim to address identified areas of academic and or behavior deficits through the use of evidence-based practices.
- Working in collaboration, taking a team approach to our work
- Developing the whole child, academically, socially, emotionally
- Being student-centered, committed to meeting the needs of all students
- Excellence in practice dedicated to high quality, innovative, and inclusive practices
- Open and honest communication with all stakeholders